Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Laser Eye Surgery
I along with many other people wear glasses or contacts on a regular basis. However, I frequently have problems with my contacts irritating my eyes, partially due to the fact I have bad allergies that effect me in my eyes. On the other hand glasses are a pain where they get dirty, they scratch, they break, and inconvenient to carry around with you everywhere. Not to mention, you cant easily wear then when exercising, playing sports, etc. I was always interested in getting LASIK which is laser vision correction. I do not know how it works but i know that it has been done many times for many people. This is where i come to think about is it worth it to get laser eye surgery? It ranges from about 4-5 thousand dollars for the surgery. Expensive? Yes. Life changing and lasting operation? Yes. I truly think it is a great investment if a person could save up the money to get this surgery if they have the same problem as me or worse with their vision. As a college student $5000 is a lot of money. But in the long run scheme of things I think it is a great investment. Im curious to see what other people think about this topic, that I am very interested in partaking in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Nick~
ReplyDeleteI have a bit to share on this. I know two people, my aunt and a close guy friend of mine who have both gotten Lasik vision correction. My aunt (age 50) got the surgery done about 10 years ago. The only notable problem she experienced was swelling of the area around her eyes for 2 months after the surgery. and recently.. starting 1 year ago, she finds she has to wear glasses at night while driving.
my guy friend got the surgery 3 years ago (when he was 18). the surgery went well and he was able to adjust quickly after it. he got it done at a place in Philadelphia for only $2,000. two years after the surgery he noticed a change in his sight and went back. they performed another surgery, that they didn't have the first time, and did it for free.
overall, both of them love it. they love being able to see in the morning without having to fumble for glasses, or waiting to put contacts in. they love seeing through their *eyes* instead of depending on other tools.
-Ashley